Wednesday 1 December 2010

Station Indent

For this assignment, we were asked to create a station indent animation using 3ds max, it would have to represent me. I have been thinking of ideas for what i could do for my for my indent and trying to decide what best represent me, i do really enjoy football so i think that would be theme would be best for me.
            I hope to involve a cartoon football which is some way can produce my name or have my name relate to it, i am currently undecided. I thought it would be a good idea to research into current station indents to maybe get some ideas or techniques, this is a link to some past BBC:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj44vZo2Pqk
















In this clip there is alot of past station indents and i found it very useful, for ideas of my own. Alot of them are just 2d clips on the number two and the animation is done around the two and doesnt actually involve the two moving.
        I decided this is how i would like to portray my own animation, have my initial theme of the football static in the centre and then come up with a way in which i can animate my name into the clip.

Developed thoughts: Having the football as the main theme of my animation, i would like the way that my name appears with the animation to relate in some way to the football. here are a few thoughts i have come up with...


  • Name bounces like a football.
  • Name zooms like a football being kicked.
  • Name to come in letter by letter.
  • Name to explode onto screen.
These are a first few ideas, will develop them more and come to a final conclusion on how i will portray my animation. I do plan to draw my own captions for the animation, but for my name i will choose a font from the defaults.

No comments:

Post a Comment