Monday 6 December 2010

My Station Indent

I have finished all my research and ideas for my own station indent and now I plan to put it all together using 3ds max. I've started with the idea of a football and my name being together in the animation and both moving to show what i have learned so far, it will also show how i have learnt to adapt shapes and create 3d objects. I began by creating my name i choice a simple arial text and the colour red for my name.

Having done this I proceeded to make it 3d by using the modifier tool extrude, using this i could make my name appear 3d and rotate it and place it where i wanted within the view tabs.

Having my name in place and how I liked it I began to set about creating my football, I wanted this to be as realistic as possible. I began by creating a extended primitive, Hedra and then set about altering its parameters to dodec/icos, and its family parameters to 0.38 and its radius to 30, this gave me a basic starting shape for my football.


At this stage though it doesn't really look as realistic as I want to to, so the next step was to convert it to an editable poly, this would allow me to give it more detail in order for it to look a lot more like a football. Next I would alter its edges so I set about selecting all the edges and then by extruding them and changing the values to -1 for height and 0.3 for with it slowly begins to take shape. Having done this i could then set about tessellating my football. I selected all the polygons and then chose tessellate. Now I could add the Spherify modify to give my football its rounded shape.




Now that my football has taken shape all I needed to do was apply a meshsmooth modifier to give it a rounded look.



This is my completed football, now for my final task I would add some colour to in and then merge it with the earlier animation of my name and then i could begin animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment