Monday 8 October 2012

Research Project

What is your chosen research topic?: I would like to research into how music can been seen as a source of emotion within films.

How familiar are your with this topic?: I have always been quite interested in sound, but i would like to research more into how music is used to evoke emotions within a film, i can recall films that i have watched where the music has played a huge part and has reflected upon the audience including me. I would like to know more about how this emotion is created and the music is chosen.


Initial Bibliography: To start off and help my research i will read through my collection of empire magazines and see if there are any useful articles or interviews which are relevant to sound. I have also found some website which give some details about creating a film track.
Filmsounds.org
Digitalfilmaker.net
Intelligentsound.org

I plan to also watch through some you tube clips i have found which talk about creating a film track, as well as this i am going to watch through some films which have won the award for best sound mixing and make notes on them, these include: Jaws, Star Wars, Gladiator, The Bourne Ultimatum and The Deer Hunter. All which i have on DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment