Monday 8 October 2012

Research Project

Initial Research

Having chosen my research topic, i decided to begin my initial research. I went to some websites that i knew and looked in more detail about how emotion is created by film scores. www.e-filmmusic.de has an interesting article that talks about the history of film scores and how they relate to emotion, it also refers to the composers and the role during a film, I found this article very useful it gives reference to famous people within the field, as well as the psychology behind how emotions can be derived from music.

Another site i looked at www.upei.ca which has a chapter from a book entitled 'Music as a source of emotion in film' which talks in detail how music within a film can and cannot relate to emotion and its not as simple as putting sad music when you want people to be sad. I think this is a key chapter for my research because it talks about the details of sound as well as its history.

I found this clip on YouTube which shows quite nicely how much music effects and evokes emotion within the viewer, by changing the music you change the scene entirely.



These few starting sources and giving me a lot of ground to work on into my research question and i will do further research into filmscores. I want to find out more about its history.

No comments:

Post a Comment