Thursday 17 February 2011

Ghost Ride Continued

By now i had created my cart the route and the structure of my ghost ride, now i set about creating the scare scenes as well as making the finishing touches such as sound effects and music.
I began by adding the camera to my ride this would allow me to revert to the viewers perspective so i could see how the ride would look from there position, from here i went step by step through the course of the ride designing the scare scenes and the surroundings as i went. I had previously brainstormed ideas so i knew exactly what i wanted to do during the ride.

The way i created my scare scenes and environment was to open up an extra tab of 3s max and do all my creating in that i found the easier because the rest of my design would not get in the way, here i designed the tree's that are throughout my animation as well as the tunnel, portcullis, spears and the scary face.


From here i set about animating my ride and added in all of these items and starting with the spears. I wanted to have my Ghost ride quite balanced so there would be scares throughout rather than just as the start and end or only in the middle, this i believe would leave the viewer unaware and nervous about what was to come.
For me this was the most time consuming part of the Virtual Environments pathway, and although i was very tedious at times it was great to see the overall finished product, after adding in lights and most importantly the music and sounds effects this is the screenshot of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment