Thursday 17 February 2011

Ghost Ride Continued

As Ive begun working on my Ghost ride it has become quite clear that my initial idea of a Jack the Riper based ride won't be achievable by someone as inexperienced with the 3ds max software as me, therefore i have taken my idea down a notch and i plan to do a Ghost Ride based on one i experienced at Chessington World of Adventures, this ride was very stereotypical, it had ghosts scary music, fog, creaking noises etc. i believe that when it comes to creating my ride that this will be a more realistic idea and with the right sfx and music i think i will work well.

I began my creating my ride layout on 3ds max, once i had completed this i straight away realiesed that with the effect i was going for my track would be way to long it would take over 3 minutes for the ride to be complete, i could speed up the cart but from my experience Ghost rides are generally slow and it is more about the surroundings than the speed. So i therefore reduce the length of my track so the ride would last just under a minute, i then set about designing my cart. When i was younger i played a game called Rollercoaster Tycoon, and decided to model my cart to a similiar of the ghost rides within the game nothing to over the top just a good shape and colour. Here is the result of my finished cart



Now that i had my cart and the layout of my track i set about adding walls into the scene so as to break up the ride. With these completed i added a material of an old stone wall to them to finish the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment